Our client, a successful firm operating in the art technology sector, are looking for a Operation Manager with a solid previous full time experience in at least one of these areas: HR, Office Management, Communication Management, Finance, Executive Support.
This is a varied role that requires the ability to be versatile in the breadth of skills you have and an eagerness to learn new skills in response to requirements of the business. The below are the foundational skills necessary for the role but key to the role is a positive, proactive attitude.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – written includes communicating by email but also writing proposals for clients. Verbal communication will include dealing with clients by phone and liaising with colleagues.
• Strong interpersonal skills – dealing with both colleagues internally in a friendly way and clients in a professional manner
• Analytical and financial knowledge – studying day to day and big picture financial data
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail – creating and processing financial and proposal documents
• Ability to balance day to day requirements of the business with long term planning – smooth operational running as well as strategic awareness
• Strong organisational skills – the ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and respond to changing circumstances.
• Good time management skills – the ability to work to deadlines and keep multiple time frames in view.
• High degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch typing skills.
• Confidentiality and prudence – you will be dealing with confidential company and client data
• Flexibility – you may be called upon to do a varied range of tasks
• Personable – you are a contact point for both your colleagues and clients, you need to be welcoming and approachable in both situations
• Self-motivated – often you will have to work alone on projects
• Interest in and knowledge of the digital and art sectors might give you a head start and make the job more enjoyable.
• Project management skills.
• IT knowledge such as network settings, computer setup processes, etc
• Familiarity with Photoshop, HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, programming languages, platforms might be helpful but not required
Interested? Apply now!