Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London UK
To provide assistance to senior members of staff within a busy and high profile department within an international auction house. You will ensure the smooth running of the department and its facilities. The position will provide an exciting challenge for someone who would enjoy working as a core member of the support team in this busy, high profile department.
The right person will:-
- Possess excellent secretarial skills and be dependable, discreet and diplomatic.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the London art scene, as well as possessing professional experience of (ideally) the fine arts auction market.
- Computer literate, with an excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and ideally a knowledge of client management systems.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and spoken): fluent English language is essential, other European languages a benefit.
- Well organised, with a good eye for detail and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Flexible approach, enjoy trouble-shooting and using initiative. Exceptional client service skills.
- Confident team player, capable of working well as part of a busy, highly pressurised team
- Good interpersonal skills, with a professional and approachable manner towards clients / colleagues
- Providing support including:
- Managing diaries, schedules and priorities
- Booking travel and effectively coordinating messages and tasks during travel
- Responding to and prioritising incoming communications
- Drafting / writing outgoing correspondence
- Processing expenses, maintaining files, and other ad hoc tasks
- Assist with clients by acting as a point person for communication.
- Liaising with staff in London and the USA for sale related tasks such as contracts, deal preparation
- Assisting with marketing by maintaining a list of marketing promises for the evening sale, coordinate marketing elements with the marketing manager
- Confident and efficient handling of client liaison, in person, by phone, and written
- Working on Valuations and Proposals
- Assisting with meeting preparation and presentations
- Effective liaison with internal departments and international colleagues
- Work as part of a 3 PA team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department by assisting with all aspects of general departmental duties including Pre and Post-sale such as:
- pre- and post-sale administration
- managing interest lists
- preparing and sending condition reports both internally and externally
- processing telephone bids
- preparing sale-room notices and labels
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the department, and having oversight for maintaining fit for purpose facilities, assisting with space planning, ensuring offices are fit for client viewings
- Dealing effectively with general queries, problem solving and following tasks through to completion