Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London London, UK
We are looking for a PA and Office Manager to support the Head of department in an international auction house. The position will provide an exciting challenge for someone who would enjoy working as a core member of the support team in this busy, high profile department.
PA Responsibilities include:
- Providing support including:
- Managing diaries, schedules and priorities
- Booking travel and effectively coordinating messages and tasks during travel
- Responding to and prioritising incoming communications
- Drafting / writing outgoing correspondence
- Processing expenses, maintaining files, and other ad hoc tasks
- Supporting the Head of Business with ad hoc projects, and assisting with all aspects of general departmental duties. Dealing effectively with general queries, problem solving and following tasks through to completion
- Confident and efficient handling of client liaison, in person, by phone, and written.
- Working on Valuations and Proposals.
- Effective liaison with internal departments and international colleagues.
- To assist with aspects of the sales both Pre and Post-sale such as:
- pre- and post-sale administration
- managing interest lists
- preparing and sending condition reports both internally and externally
- processing telephone bids
- preparing sale-room notices and labels
Office Management Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the department, and having oversight for maintaining fit for purpose facilities.
- Coordinating annual cleaning, assisting with space planning, ensuring offices are fit for client viewings
- Dealing effectively with general queries, problem solving and project management.
- Management of ticketing for the Contemporary Art Evening Auctions.
- Support experts and the Head of Business with varying projects as and when required.
- Possess good organisational skills and be dependable, discreet and diplomatic.
- An arts background and an interest in the Contemporary Art market would be an advantage.
- Computer literate, with an excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and spoken): fluent English language is essential, other European languages a benefit.
- Detail oriented and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Flexible approach, enjoy trouble-shooting and using initiative. Exceptional client service skills.
- Confident team player, capable of working well as part of a busy, highly pressurised team
- Good interpersonal skills, with a professional and approachable manner towards clients / colleagues