Our client, a renowned Contemporary Art Gallery based in the heart of Milan, is looking for a part-time Installer/Art Technician to join their team on an initial 6 months contract (renewable).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Receiving artworks at the gallery’s locations, physically packing/unpacking, and ensuring safe handling of artworks
• Assist in the technical build outs, installation and de-installation of artwork including rigging sculptures, arranging lighting, etc. of exhibitions and art fairs. Oversee onsite and offsite installations as assigned by the Technical and Gallery Manager (e.g. exhibition, art fairs, client installs, special projects, etc.)
• Manage schedule of client viewings, photoshoots and installation requests. Prepare artwork for viewings and photoshoots by coordinating necessary shipments with the shipping department, hanging artworks, arranging lighting, and preparing viewing space
• Work closely with Technical and Gallery Manager to ensure thorough technical records are input and maintained in the gallery’s inventory system
• Create internal and external condition reports in a timely manner and maintain a comprehensive digital condition report archive with related images
Previous art handling experience, fluency in English and Italian and working knowledge of Microsoft Office are essential.
Interessato? Mandaci un CV, ricontatteremo solo i candidati con l’esperienza richiesta per via dell’alto numero di richieste.