Contract Type: Part-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London London, UK
A leading arts organisation is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Regional Managing Director, with strong leadership skills to oversee the business.
The RMD’s role comprises:
- Leading the team and listening in to occasional team meetings
- Accountability for overall performance of the UK region
- Strategy, overseeing budgets, development, sponsorship, sales, venue/production
- Weekly Board Calls
- 1/4ly Board meetings in UK/EU
- Other (recruitment, HR, appraisals, legal)
The ideal Candidate would have the following experience:
- At least eight years of management experience in a small company, with a tight-knit team, including at least five years of leading a team of people, and control of budgets (setting as well as keeping to).
- Marketing and public relations experience
- Experience of building a team (recruiting and training)
- Developed leadership skills, including high EQ. A ‘people person’ who will be good with employees.
- Event management experience is an advantage, especially launching events/products.
- Experience in contemporary art, with a knowledge of art fairs, is an advantage.
General overview of responsibilities:
- Board Member
- Travelling to Board meetings quarterly in UK/EU
- Reporting to the Board on the UK activities
- Team and Office Management:
- Overseeing the office and company
- Acting as line manager to two Directors and a Manager.
- Providing leadership to the rest of the team
- Financial Management:
- Ensuring budgets are properly set and managed
- Ensuring that the company’s finances are effectively managed
- Using existing contacts for the benefit of the company
- Exhibitor relationships: building relationships with key exhibitors. For the four weeks each year when the events are taking place, there will need to be longer hours worked, not only doing this but also supporting the event teams.
- Sponsors: Building and maintaining relationships with any large sponsors.
- Guiding the Directors in their expansion plans
This role can be a part-time role or full-time role dependent on the candidate and their particular skillset and experience.