Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London UK
Our client, an International Auction House, is looking to appoint a full-time Registrar for its London premises.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide an accurate condition report of each work of art that arrives at either premises, highlighting any areas of concern or any areas of potential damage that have occurred in transit. Provide an exceptional level of care in the unpacking, handling, movement, storage and packing of property, with the primary focus and goal being the safety of both people and property at all times.
- Ensure that all items that arrive are accurately processed within the set service level agreements for the area.
- Record accurate and relevant dimensions & logistical information for each item as it arrives.
- Liaise directly with the Shipping & Logistics team and external shipping agents to arrange and perform sale walks for each designated sale.
- Multi-functional; be able to provide a high level of support to all areas of auction operations in order to sustain a high level of service throughout the year.
- Provide an exceptional level of internal and external client service.
- Liaise directly between all internal departments regarding the arrival, processing and condition issues of works of art for all selling departments.
- Work alongside the property receiving technician to be able to provide a high level of support.
Ideally, you should be educated to BA level and possess previous shipping experience.
Knowledge of SAP and a foreign language are advantageous.