Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London London, UK
A highly regarded contemporary gallery in London seeks a full-time Assistant to work alongside a gallery Director. The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least three years related experience or the equivalent. Superior writing skills, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and a thorough working knowledge of contemporary art are required. This position will involve significant contact with curators, artists and long time clients therefore discretion and poise are essential.
- Assist in sending out and monitoring offers
- Work with marketing department to obtain images, transparencies, DVD demos, provenance, press packs or all other relevant documentation
- Follow-up with outstanding invoices, keep track of financial issues & liaise with accounting re: payments, etc
- Prepare insurance appraisals
- Research current market prices, misc. pricing information on Artnet, review price structures
- Track client interests; ensure that rolodex records are current and complete, create new records for new clients
- Coordinate with clients and with registrars/inventory departments for resale works & incoming consignments
- Greet clients in Sales Team’s absence
- Create guest lists for openings/dinners & update.
- Assist at openings
- Coordinate viewings with art-handling, prepare materials (print-outs, catalogues), meet with clients
- Update price lists and works on view lists for exhibitions and Private Viewing Rooms
- Assist in arranging any sales-lead events at the gallery such as private tours
- Keep track of meetings and keep public calendar updated.
- Coordinate travel arrangements domestically and internationally
- Manage general emails & correspondence, draft letters, answer phone calls & take messages
- Misc. filing and other office duties
- Create expense reports, compile receipts for petty cash & credit cards
- Assist with art fair preparation and coordination (applications, booth plans, work selection, budgets, preparation of Books and Sales materials)
- Assist with exhibition administration (liaising with artists, consignors, registrars & technicians)
- Provide support at front desk as necessary, managing own workload from front desk
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm.