A boutique communications agency, specialising in Arts, Lifestyle and Cultural clients is looking for an Account Manager to join their team.
The candidate will be allocated a selection of clients and projects and will be responsible for executing work on these accounts as follows:
- Editorial outreach on behalf of clients to print, broadcast and digital media in territories to be defined per client agreement with expectation to secure targeted editorial at the highest quality and frequency
- Regular communication with target media to comprise in-person meetings, one-on-one pitches, press release dissemination, Twitter and other social media and media familiarisation trips to key markets
- Development of PR strategies, campaigns and plans on behalf of clients alongside Directors
- Regular reporting and evaluation of results per client to take the form of monthly status reports, weekly updates, regular in-person meetings, conference calls for oversees clients and timely distribution of press cuttings with support of Account Exec.
- Participation in company social media strategy: regular content to be produced (and, where relevant, commissioned and edited) for company’s website, Facebook page and Twitter
- Generation of press materials to include press release copywriting and photographer liaison
- Generation of competitor analysis and reports where relevant for clients
- Outreach to third parties, potential partners and VIPs as part of strategic positioning and support for clients.
- Support for client events, to include any or all of guest list generation, invitation management, photographer liaison, press liaison, on-site management and post-event editorial outreach.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Solid experience of working in the arts
- A healthy network of media contacts in the art and culture sectors, preferably on an international level (though not essential)
- A good working knowledge of relevant UK media positions and landscape
- Passion, interest and regular familiarisation of relevant arts and culture organisations and events in London and internationally
- An intuitive understanding of wider cultural trends
- An ability to be strategic, creative, well organised and commercially minded at the same time
- Excellent people and social skills, and significant drive and ambition to meet new people and to network
- (Desired, but not essential) French, Italian or German as a second language