Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £25,000 - £30,000
Location: London UK
Our client is interested in meeting candidates who enjoy working with digital technology and design in the art world. Perhaps you are part of the digital team in a gallery and have been managing the website /CMS and have a great eye for beautiful and well functioning websites.
For over twenty years, our client has been at the forefront of innovation in the global art world, creating seamlessly integrated technological solutions for art galleries and artists. The main responsibility of the Account Technician will be setting up database and website accounts, helping new clients familiarise themselves with products and enabling them to create something truly valuable that helps them reach their professional goals.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Initiating database and website account setup with the technical team, once sales have been confirmed.
- Providing training to new and existing clients or offering screen sharing session to help familiarise clients with the products as they get setup.
- Keeping track of all account setup within project management software.
- Preparing databases and websites (primarily template websites) to hand over to clients.
- Ability to assess current systems and always be looking to streamline processes and save time where possible.
- Create help notes for the database and website CMS where questions are repeatedly asked by clients that could be resolved via help notes.
- Support encompasses handling phone/email requests about the products and services.
- Support is managed via a team rotor. This means (that once you are fully trained) you will be helping to manage support calls and support tickets two days a week (though this may vary as the team expands).
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the office as required.
- Self-starter with an enthusiastic character. Someone that thrives on human interactions and has a desire to help find the best solution possible.
- Good analytical ability for problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Deductive thinking and ingenuity to help test systems, locate/diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- Excellent knowledge of the art market.
- Strong understanding of the commercial needs of galleries, artists & collectors.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful but is not required.
- Knowledge and familiarity of existing gallery management software.
- Ability to focus intelligently on tasks and, not only see the wider picture of priorities, but also how we could do the same things better.
- The desire and ability to concentrate on your work autonomously without close supervision and work without distracting colleagues.
- Strong desire to learn and to accept input from your fellow team members. Must also know when to ask for help or guidance.
- Clearly and concisely articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, concise, friendly and following any established communication guidelines.
- This is a highly trusted position giving you access to our clients’ live data systems so that work can be carried out or so that the Company can investigate problems or talk clients through a process. Your integrity and discretion must be unquestionable given the confidential and mission-critical nature of clients’ data.
- In addition to logging into clients’ systems you may also be required to access the Companies own accounting data and sensitive marketing or business development information, as such you have the ability to be a credit to (or jeopardise) the commercial interests at all levels.