Our client, an artist led space in London, is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the team. As an artist-led space, the DNA of the company is fundamentally creative. They have an ideas-driven culture and pride themselves on being able to think outside the box and go against the grain of tradition. They know that great ideas often come from unexpected places, so all members of the team are encouraged to think about and contribute to the gallery’s wider vision, even if it’s not technically part of their role. They are a collaborative team and treat each other with humility and respect.
Everyone at the gallery is ambitious, driven and passionate about the mission: realising a future society that understands contemporary art, and celebrates the talents and contributions of artists from all backgrounds and practices.
The full time Accounts Assistant will support the Finance team. The ideal candidate will be well suited to a fast paced environment.
- Daily bank reconciliations for bank accounts, including foreign currency accounts across all four companies
- Daily bookkeeping of Xero bank accounts in line with Salesforce invoices
- Updating status of transactions in Salesforce and ensuring smooth integration of invoices into Xero
- Allocating inward payments to invoices in Xero and ensuring smooth payment interface into Salesforce
- Artist reporting for exhibition and non-exhibition sales
- Third party reporting including providing monthly statements to charities
- Ensuring all artists and suppliers are paid in line with payments runs and working closely with Logistics team to ensure artworks are shipped in a timely manner
- Managing accounts payable and receivable across multiple companies
- Assisting with month end including cost centre spend reviews and variance analysis
- Assisting with stock review and liaising with the logistics team to retrieve stock from third party locations.
- Client debt management – chasing customers for outstanding payments
- Cash book processing – including monthly Amex reconciliation, bank receipts and cash postings
- Checking and reconciling customer & suppliers accounts and ledgers
- Processing purchase invoices and receipts and making supplier payments where necessary
- Correcting any issues in Xero – eg. duplicate invoices
- Liaising with suppliers and third parties on all queries
- Various other ad-hoc tasks as deemed appropriate
- Minimum two years experience in a similar role, preferably within a gallery
- Must have Xero and ideally Salesforce experience
- Basic knowledge of VAT required