An art tech business is looking for a creative and dynamic Accounts Director to manage and develop their accounts team and client engagement. You will build strong relationships with their B2B clients helping develop their understanding of this new technology, maximising their use of the platform, building trust, and aiding long term adoption of the company’s technology. You will position their software tools as the solution to prospective clients’ challenges. Working in counterpart to leading galleries, world class museums and contemporary artists you will effectively communicate the business’s commercial and sustainability messaging and showcase the platform as the best way to experience art digitally.
Strategy and relationships
- Devise strategies that maximise their client’s platform usage levels helping them create asset value in the platform and aid long term adoption of the technology.
- Build strong relationships with clients to build trust and confidence in the technology and the brand.
- Reinforce messaging for the organisation as the leading sustainable digital exhibition ecosystem for the art world and contribute to their strategy for 2023.
- Identify new business opportunities among existing customers, converting, cross selling and upselling subscribers.
- Work with directors to develop and implement growth strategies.
- Develop a structure for periodic reviews with clients to create upsell opportunities.
- Present growth and retention forecasts and reports internally.
Understand their audience
- Tailor the onboarding process and experience to different types of users including, institutional, gallery, collector, curator, artist and general users.
- Develop a client retention strategy to deliver retention and revenue targets. Analyse engagement data and develop subscriber profiles to create growth opportunities and engagement strategies for any lapsed or dormant user accounts.
- Listen to the needs of customers, gather insight that can help with sales and retention and circulate this information around the business to support their team to deliver new products or services.
- Act as the primary point of contact for your accounts playing a formative role in their experience of the platform, calmly and systematically troubleshooting client queries.
Systems, tools and assets
- Work cross functionally with the sales team to devise a handover process that introduces client accounts to the organisations platforms in one-to-one sessions both in person and on a remote basis.
- Develop processes, tools and guidance for team.
- Create assets for clients including user guides, FAQs and ‘how to’ instructions and videos and webinars.
- Update and maintain CRM system, ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate; support migration to new CRM.
Capture feedback and communicate developments
- Communicate technological developments, innovations and new features to new and existing users.
- Refine CMS communications and collaborate with our technical and production team to streamline the user journey.
- Capture client functionality requests. Communicate features and fix requests to the technical team using Jira to shape product development.
Lead collaborative teams
- Manage and mentor the accounts team, setting goals, driving ambition and productivity, and supporting professional development in crucial client facing roles.
- Design and deliver training for the team with support of external resources if needed.
- Proactively share ideas and best practices in order to find new and better ways to contribute to the ongoing growth of the firm.
- Considerable experience working in account management at an art technology company.
- Experience in B2B accounts role, managing teams, and driving revenue growth.
- Highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Process driven and diligent.
- Self-starter – used to being self-directed and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You lead by example and can be a role model in how to manage customer relations.
- Adept at using technology and learning new systems.
- Genuine interest in contemporary art.
- Desire to learn and ability to cultivate this in others.
- You are interested in being part of a team and building a company from its early stages by implementing best practice, being in touch with every aspect of its life cycle and growth while having the opportunity to make a real impact on the future of the business.