We are looking for an experienced Administration Associate for a specialist design firm bonding traditional craftsmanship with contemporary design, forging creations where handmade glass is the prominent element. This includes lighting installations and sculptures whilst offering architects, artists, developers, hotel designers and museums the opportunity to incorporate artisanal creations into projects of any scale.
The person in this role will help managing operations, with – ideally – an expertise in running bills and payables, to provide support to the COO. To coordinate events and exhibitions, and provide the backbone support for marketing, design and sales requirements for the growing business.
Candidates should have previous office and administrative experience, demonstrate a proactive attitude and enjoy working in a multi-faceted studio. They should be naturally motivated and reliable with the ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload. Strong time management, organisational, and interpersonal skills are a must.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Reception duties – including answering incoming calls, scheduling gallery visits, greeting clients, accepting deliveries
- Accounting: tracking/submitting office expenses, managing petty cash, forecasting office expenses, reviewing statements
- Studio administration – monitoring stationery/kitchen supplies, filing, tracking inventory, managing internal systems, renewing subscriptions, booking staff travel
- Sales and logistics support – supporting operations manager with supply chain, event and/or office related logistics
- CRM: managing contact database, organising mail-outs for events and presentations
- Ability to organise and multitask
- Excellent administrative skills and a highly organised approach to work with ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Solid degree of computer literacy, with the ability to use database, word processing, spread sheet, email and internet applications and cloud based storage systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with a good telephone manner and confidence in dealing with a broad range of people
- Ability to learn quickly and desire to show initiative
- Respect confidentiality of projects and ensure handling of personal data is GDPR compliant
- Able to be methodical as well as having a creative flair and eye for detail
- Knowledge of the interior design/architecture/specification industry or experience working in creative industries
- Valid UK/EEA work permit
- Fluency in Italian/French/ Language other than English
- Basic understanding of Adobe Packages
- Educated to degree or equivalent level