Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
Our client, a contemporary art gallery specialising in emerging and internationally acclaimed established artists, requires an art consultant to join the growing team. The gallery is based in the heart of Mayfair with locations across UK, Europe and North America. You will spend your day talking to clients about their investment objectives and risk tolerance allowing you to then recommend an appropriate strategy for building an art portfolio. To excel in this role you should already have a good knowledge of the art market and experience with medium to long term investments.
- Talking to clients to determine their financial objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop an appropriate art portfolio.
- Answering client questions about artists, artwork and strategies regarding their art portfolio.
- Preparing or interpreting art market performance reports for clients.
- Managing and updating client portfolios.
- Contacting clients regularly to discover changes in their status or portfolio needs
- Building and maintaining your client base.
- Attending gallery and art market events.
- Continuing development of industry knowledge through competitor gallery visits and education programmes.
- Flexibility to work outside of typical business hours.
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- 1-2 years of sales experience.
- Knowledge of the finance sector.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Excellent phone manner and superior communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable hosting in-person meetings.