Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
A leading Blue Chip Gallery is looking for an Art Fair Coordinator. Must have Fine Art Shipping experience and a proven track record working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Responsibilities include:
Pre Art Fair Preparations:
- Assisting with works in from artist studios and fabricators ready for main art fair shipments
- Assisting with submitting application forms, proposals, press materials and catalogue entries
- Liaising with Art Fairs to ensure all necessary information regarding participation in the fair is received
- Completing and submitting all of the forms relating to the participation in Fairs
- Making payment for fair applications and placing orders
- Assisting with preparing budget plans prior to the fair
- Preparing fair information packs for the technicians
- Managing the flights/transport and accommodation for technicians attending fair
Post Art Fair:
- Preparing shipments to clients for artworks sold at fairs and assisting with registrar responsibilities to the clients for works sold at fairs
- Ensuring sales assistants and accounts receive copies of the sales forms post fair, and preparing invoice instructions for sales
- Recording expenses
- Assisting with management of the loading of artworks into containers/vehicles to and from the art fairs sites. Ensure all artworks, components and equipment taken.
- Preparing templates for distribution to various shippers to gain reliable and cost efficient quotes shipments to and from the fairs
- Assisting with appointing and liaising with shippers
- Preparing shipping invoices and shipping notes prior to the fair to shippers’ deadlines.
- Working with Sales Registrars to ship new works from artists or clients to the fair.
- Ensuring all tax, customs and import / export procedures are correct and that import / export paperwork is received
- Tracking and recording the movement of artworks pre, during and post fair