We are looking for an Art Fair Coordinator to join the team at a Blue Chip Gallery in London, starting ASAP.
The person in this role will work with the Art Fair Manager and liaise with internal departments in order to facilitate the smooth running of UK and international Art Fairs. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working at international Art fairs, a good knowledge of fine art shipping and will be able and willing to travel when required.
Pre Art Fair
- Assist with works in from artist studios and fabricators ready for main art fair shipments
- Assist with submitting application forms and proposals for general participation in the fair and solo presentations
- Assist with submitting catalogue entry material and material for press purposes, with assistance from press and archive
- Liaise with the Fair Organisers to ensue all necessary information – online login details, fair show-kit, fair floor plans, VIP events calendar, is received
- Complete the submission of all information/order forms
- Assist with preparing budget plans prior to the fair
- Prepare fair information packs, flights/transport and accommodation for the technicians attending fair
Post Art Fair
- Prepare shipments to clients for artworks sold at fairs
- Assist with registrar responsibilities to the clients for the works sold at fairs
- Ensure sales assistants and accounts receive copies of the sales forms post fair
- Prepare invoicing instructions for sales
- Calculate and record expenses post art fairs
- Assist with management of the loading of artworks into containers/vehicles to and from the art fairs Ensure all artworks, components and equipment taken. Calculate container volumes.
- Prepare templates and distribute to various shippers to gain reliable and cost efficient quotes for both air and sea shipments
- Prepare shipping invoices and shipping notes prior to the fair
- Work with Sales Registrars to ship new works from artists or clients to the fair
- Ensure all tax, customs and import / export procedures are adhered to and relevant paperwork is completed and filed correctly
- Track and record the movement of artworks pre, during and post fairs.
- Provide packing lists to the shippers
- Solid fine art shipping knowledge, including a familiarity with import and export customs regulations
- Prior experience working at Art Fairs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A flexible approach to work and ability to work to deadlines