We are looking for someone with proven experience in International Shipping to join a leading company as an International Shipping coordinator.
The role is based in Hertfordshire, a short train journey from central London, or a great opportunity for someone looking to relocate outside of London.
- Delivery of high quality and professional customer service in support of the International Shipping Team
- Ensuring that all outgoing estimates are produced in a timely manner, are highly accurate and regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Assisting the Directors and other Colleagues, being flexible to the needs of the company.
- Collaborating successfully with external suppliers, maintaining excellent working relationships
- Collaborating with and supporting other company departments i.e. projects, transport, storage and technicians.
- Coordinate a wide range of domestic, international shipments and technical projects
- Build and Maintain client relationships with Galleries, Auction Houses and private Collectors
- Process job requirements and gather rates from internal departments.
- Issue accurate estimates in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all quotes and request feedback with a view to convert estimates into a booking.
- Liaise with all internal and external parties to schedule resources and provide regular updates with client.
- Maintain accurate monitoring systems and project records
- Accurate and timely completion of necessary documentation such as UK export licenses, CITES applications, customs paperwork and transit documents
- Manage costings throughout projects to ensure they are in line with estimates.
- Compile all relevant job costings, purchase invoices and client invoices
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Previous experience in a Fine Art Shipping Company, Auction House or Gallery
- Highly motivated and organised
- High level of communication and customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of customs, import and Export procedures
- Sound knowledge of the different types of shipping used in our business and the procedures for each type of shipping. (Air, Sea, Road)
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy with figures / sensitive data
- Team player
- Ability to communicate with different people across all levels.
- Time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines, follow up on outstanding tasks and deliver key goals