Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Competative basic salary with potential overtime
We are looking for Art technicians / handlers to join a leading Fine Art Shipping, Transport and Storage Company who work with clients across the Museum, Gallery and Private Sector both in the UK and globally.
This is a great opportunity to join a talented team based in London, with a company who offers excellent training and potential for growth for employees. The ideal candidate would have experience of art handling in either a gallery, museum or professional art transport company, have a full clean driving license and a desire to develop skills and excel in this field.
- Art handling, packing, installation, movement and transport.
- Providing excellent service to clients and colleagues alike.
- Liaising with clients and company colleagues in a timely, polite and friendly manner
- Operating all company vehicles to DfT standards.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of any vehicle used by the individual, and undertake vehicle checks at the correct time and lodge all forms correctly.
- Maintaining security of vehicles, cargo and the company premises and property at all times.
- Working on site at client’s premises observing all local site rules and with respect to the client’s property and privacy.
- Experience of Art Handling either in a gallery, museum or professional Art transport company or at the very least professional removals company.
- Observation of health & safety issues surrounding manual handling and Art handling.
- Cleanliness, attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Clean driving licence.
- Licence to drive up to 7.5 tonne, HGV Class 2 or Class 1, or a willingness to learn as the company will provide this training for successful candidates.
- Hold a valid British or EU Passport.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel for away trips and overnight jobs.
- Ability to work in a calm manner.
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful attitude, with an ability to work flexibly and independently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training.