Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Depending on experience
We are looking for an experienced Fine Art Technician to join the Technical Team in a Blue Chip Commercial Gallery in London.
The Technical Team work closely with the gallery artists and their respective studios, ultimately gaining insight and a deep knowledge of the artists’ artworks. They provide technical expertise to the artist and the gallery teams and support the artists in realising new works. They disseminate information and provide support and guidance on technical issues and share information across the various departments at the gallery.
The responsibilities for the role are varied but include:
- Collecting and sharing knowledge on artworks
- Conducting thorough condition reporting
- Producing installation documents and method statements
- Monitoring quality and finish of new works
- Overseeing all artwork issues, such as packing, storing, fabrication, restoration
- There is often the requirement to work offsite both in the UK and overseas to support an artist on the installation of loaned works
- Must have 5-6 years’ experience – only Senior Technicians should apply
- Experience of working with living artists
- Experience with or trained in CAD
- High level of written English
- Effective communicator
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Diplomatic and discrete manner
- Ability and willingness to travel (sometimes at short notice)
- Demonstrable experience in working on several projects at once
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- To be qualified in: IPAF, Fork lift truck license, Banksman, IOSHH and First aid training.