For our client, an established gallery for contemporary art in Berlin, we are looking for an experienced Artist Liaison. In close coordination with the gallery owners and the management of the team, the Artist Liaison is responsible for strategic and administrative matters and supporting selected gallery artists and their work.
- Liaise with the artists and their studios
- Coordination with Team Lead of the Artist Liaison and gallery owners respectively
- Be the contact person for all external and internal enquiries about the artists
- Manage and oversee the development, planning and support of all exhibitions and projects in the gallery, in institutions and beyond
- Maintain and develop network of museums and institutions
- Budget management for production, exhibitions etc.
- Attend institutional exhibitions
- Regular support of the gallery exhibitions (including Saturdays)
- Manage archive and database
- Several years of extensive experience working with artists in galleries and institutions at the highest international level
- Studies in art history or comparable subject
- Extensive knowledge of current developments in contemporary art and in the international art market
- Content-strategic way of thinking and working
- Alignment with the gallery’s vision
- Very good written and spoken German and English; other foreign languages are desirable