Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Contract
Pay: £23 - 25k DOE
Location: London, UK
Tenure: Contract, Freelance
A small arts organisation in South London is looking for an Assistant/ Business Development person to join them.
This is a really exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a fast-growing arts organisation at a crucial stage in its development. This multifaceted freelance role is ideal for a creative and proactive individual who thrives on results and delivering ambitious projects to the highest possible standard.
This is a freelance, fixed term contract, based on 6 months initially with the potential to extend this.
- Educated to at least BA
- Proven experience in contemporary art industry (ideally gallery, advisory/consultancy auction house, artist studio).
- Excellent written and verbal
- Excellent administrative
- Experience working directly with artists and
- Existing contacts within art
- Ability to work in In-Design or similar
- Sales support including; responding to email + social media enquiries, designing bespoke catalogues and sales
- Prospective client research and contact list building in targeted sectors including Museums + Private Collections/Foundations and Interior Designers + Property Developers
- Generating artist opportunities and sales leads through introductory emails and client outreach.
- Management, maintenance and content production for the website
- Designing and delivering regular and targeted newsletters and sales campaigns and event invitations.
- Developing Instagram following by scheduling regular and targeted visual content
- Supporting the Director at meetings, exhibitions, fairs and events
- Artist Liaison
- Artist Research.
- Coordinating the shipping and installation of artworks from artists studios to exhibitions, fairs and clients
- Maintaining an up to date inventory of artists available
- Overseeing consignment agreements
- Creating and submitting invoices and certificates of authenticity for sold works
- Management and maintenance of contact