Contract Type: Part-time
Job Type: Contract
Location: London, UK
We are looking for a temporary Assistant Exhibitions Manager to support the Exhibitions Manager and Senior Exhibitions Managers in an Arts Institution in London. The role will assist with the delivery of temporary loan exhibitions from point of requesting loans through design of the exhibition, installation, display and, take down, and occasionally through to its tour.
This is a temporary contract, 3 days per week and candidates must be able to start ASAP.
- Enter, update and maintain database records with information relating to loans.
- Establish a positive working relationship with all lenders, assist with the administration of loans, obtain all necessary information and work with diplomacy and discretion at all times.
- Produce loan lists and print-outs for team members, as required.
- Produce the British Government Indemnity applications for exhibitions for approval.
- Prepare the Immunity from Seizure reports as necessary.
- Support in drawing up transport lists and schedules, with reference to lender and transport agent requirements.
- Liaise with appointed transport agents on transport/packing arrangements as necessary, support in receiving fine art trucks, supervise loading and unloading and movement of art works in and out of the building.
- Undertake courier duties as necessary.
- Produce installation and transport paperwork, such as crate labels, Known Consignor certificates, condition reports, etc.
- Produce courier packs and book hotels, travel and any other necessary arrangements for lenders and internal staff.
- Where required, assist with proof-reading captions and credit lines for interpretation materials.
- Assist with the installation and takedown of exhibitions, resolve problems and answer queries involved during this period.
- Assist with the communication with external consultants (exhibition designers, curators, etc.), follow up on information, check drawings and details and deal with queries and difficulties, as necessary.
- Assist with the planning and communication of all aspects of 3D design, lighting and AV and IT as required.
- Disseminate and gather information to the Rights & Reproduction team and other departments.
- Assist with raising orders and invoices and with tracking payments; seek best value for money and work within parameters of the budget.
- Undertake filing and maintenance of exhibitions and departmental records as appropriate.
- Take minutes at regular departmental and team exhibition meetings.
- Arrange exhibition meetings confirming venues, preparing documentation and agendas, arranging rooms and refreshments as appropriate.
- Demonstrable experience working in an exhibition role at an arts organisation or gallery/museum.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to manage time effectively and see projects through to completion and deadlines.
- Administrative excellence: well-organised, letter drafting/ writing, taking meeting minutes and/or notes, proof-reading, maintenance of accurate computer and paper records.
- Experience of gathering, collating, summarising and presenting financial information and data.
- Strong attention to detail, together with a methodical and accurate approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel plus familiarity with database systems inputting and report creation.
- Diplomacy and discretion essential.
- Flexible and co-operative approach to work.