A widely respected London based contemporary art gallery is looking for an Assistant Registrar to join the team.
The successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of all transport and storage related operations. In addition, they will be required to oversee general management of the gallery inventory and database. The post’s responsibilities will also include liaising with museums, galleries, artist studios and clients.
- Accurately and meticulously update gallery inventory and database.
- Facilitate all gallery related shipments and storage operations.
- Co-ordinate all customs documentation and insurance.
- Support artist liaisons with museum and gallery loans.
- Overseeing all stages of art fair shipping and coordination.
We are looking for a highly organised individual with proven experience in a contemporary commercial art gallery, art shipper or similar.
The successful candidate should be an excellent communicator who enjoys being part of a team and can also work under their own initiative. They should demonstrate a flexible and hands-on attitude and enjoy the pace of a commercial gallery. Precise attention to detail as well as being able to prioritise under pressure are important. They will be expected to engage with a variety of people at all levels while displaying complete discretion when handling confidential information.
Proven knowledge and experience of customs documentation, tax regulations and artwork insurance are essential.