An Artists Studio seeks a full-time Assistant to the Managing Director for immediate start. The Managing Director is responsible for the overall compliance of the Studio teams and projects, acts as ﬁnancial controller and works with galleries in the commercial strategy of the studio. The Managing Director also works on investments and ventures together with the artist, overseeing acquisitions and expansion of the studio and the team.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Managing Director with day to day duties and long term planning on various projects. It is an admin and project based role which includes maintaining high level communications with multiple stakeholders in all areas of the Studio and acting as a swift communicator between the MD and multiple collaborators. The ideal candidate should be a fast and meticulous individual, numbers driven, IT literate, with a proactive and ﬂexible approach, a strong ability to time-manage, meet deadlines, and to work with multiple teams. Due to the nature of the projects they will be working on, conﬁdentiality and discretion are essential.
- Assisting MD to update inventory, sales and art fairs.
- Generating high quality PDFs for inventory strategy.
- Fast and efﬁcient communication with galleries to provide information and material.
- Updating sales on Artlogic.
- Generating Artlogic Private Views in quick succession and keeping that area of the database updated.
- Attention to which information needs to be shared internally, particularly with the Exhibitions team.
- Ensuring all admin and operations databases are up to date.
- Assisting MD for all compliance and contracts, keeping database updated with all ﬁles including companies info, contracts, accounts.
- Make travel bookings and organize itineraries as required.
- Attending team meetings and when the MD cannot attend, gather and relay information.
- Compiling information which will arrive in multiple formats and centralizing it on the database.
- Working with the Financial Administrator to ensure all info is up to date.
- Assist in job ads and work with MD on hiring.
- Assisting MD on the liaison with legal advisors and accountants.
- Organizing and archiving all physical correspondence, liaising with MD on actions.
- Administration of info@ emails and forwarding information to the relevant team members.
- MD Calendar management.
- Liaising with Operations Manager for studio visits.
- Assist the MD on the development of projects worldwide, doing research and understanding context.
- Assist for targeted proposals and presentations.
- Research suppliers and contractors for speciﬁc projects.
- Assist on organizing budgets and timelines for projects and work with MD for the development of them.
- Work with MD on outreach and relationship building with schools and institutions worldwide.
- Compile information required for planning and implementation of the project.
- Organizing purchasing or material and booking as required.
Proﬁle & Skills
- At least 1 year experience working within a gallery, studio or institutional setting.
- Degree educated
- Excellent IT Proﬁcient with Excel, Photoshop, Gmail, Google Cal, Keynote.
- Aware of the art market key players and venues worldwide.
- Business orientated.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- There is an element of building development, so experience in construction based projects is desirable
- Language abilities are a plus, particularly Spanish.