Our client, an international gallery, is seeking an Assistant for their Director in London.
- On a day-to-day basis, prepare emails and sales information for client offers
- To provide academic and price research on works to be offered
- Prepare sales presentations and exhibition/project proposals
- Prepare and update contractual paperwork for consignments, sales and loans
- Conduct market and artwork research for valuations
- Manage logistics around sales, pre- or post (condition reports or framing where required, proactively arrange prompt delivery of a work to the client once paid in full, etc.)
- Upkeep of the gallery database for the Director’s client contacts
- Arrange for catalogues to be sent out to clients as required
- Oversee viewings when appropriate (experience depending)
- Schedule and coordinate appointments for the Director, manage their calendar, travel arrangements and itineraries as well as expenses
- Manage the Director’s office to ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations and the Director’s schedule
- Manage the Director’s contacts on the gallery database and the Director’s office record- keeping systems for sales, consignments, offers, client interest lists, client list, etc.
Client Liaison Support
- Provide client liaison support and engage with clients in a polite, professional manner where required with a prompt address of their concerns
- Ensure the Director’s clients are kept up to date with the gallery program (event invitations, online initiatives, etc.)
The ideal candidate should be energetic with a knowledge and passion for the arts (an interest in sales is beneficial). They need to be friendly yet professional, maintain composure under pressure, have excellent judgment, an ability to prioritize and must have an outstanding phone manner.
Attention to detail and accurate multi-tasking is a must. As the gallery is run by 2 staff members, flexibility is a requirement.