Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Depending on experience
A well established and highly regarded mid-level international contemporary art gallery with a small team is looking for an Associate Director who will be at the helm of the business, working closely with the gallery owner.
The ideal candidate will have several years experience in the contemporary art market, from either the private or public sector, or an auction house background. Forward thinking, confident, connected, with brilliant client liaison skills, an MA in Art History, sales experience and able to travel regularly. An understanding of financial aspects of a business is also required.
- Strategic planning for the future of the gallery, capable of thinking in terms of international positioning as well as the micro planning of the gallery exhibition programme
- Artist liaison and ability to augment the gallery artist list
- Client liaison and capability of bringing in new clients – high net worth included
- Museum liaison – for acquisitions and exhibitions
- Proven sales experience
- Writing artist texts, press releases and profiles of artists
- Planning and overseeing the gallery’s art fair programme