An established London Auction house is looking for an Associate Specialist to take a leading role in the development and growth of the Prints & Multiples department; working closely with Head of Department and general valuations team to drive sales, whilst engaging new and existing buyers and consignors.
- Undertake valuations both in person, via email and at client houses and business for Prints & Multiples
- Securing consignments to increase turnover and income for the department and selling sales for the Prints & Multiples Department. Sourcing new business through pro-active target marketing, cold calling, relationship making and building and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Actively manage client relationships in order to enhance client loyalty and generate business; support key client activity in particular focusing on generating new networks of clients/collectors
- Active participation with the Prints & Multiples community – attendance at social and art world events e.g. gallery and museum openings; increasing the network of contacts and relationships within this market
- Prepare and deliver valuation proposals to secure consignments, providing valuations both offsite and within the auction house
- Research and write catalogue entries
- Lead the catalogue production process and adhere to strict production deadlines
- Providing support where required for the head of department
- Lead the exhibition set up. Actively participate in all presale exhibitions and events, to cultivate bidders, promote and sell the sale. Develop, track and communicate client interest in lots; and execute bids at sale
- Undertake condition reports
- Viewing responsibilities helping clients at the exhibition; speaking to clients about the property;
- Perform valuations for auction and probate where required in association with the Professional Services Department
- Assist on auction days as required alongside on viewing and auction days for other departments as required.
- Catalogue and condition reporting assistance where required for Modern Home sales.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience within the field of Prints & Multiples, auction house experience preferred but not essential
- General knowledge about a broad range of values within the discipline ranging from £200-£200,000
- Some previous experience at generating business from both private and trade sources and increasing turnover within similar field
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment and meet deadlines
- Driven with a positive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills