A leading international e-commerce platform is hiring an Authentication Manager for the team based in the London area. In this role, you will be responsible for keeping up to date with the resale industry trends, Apparel & Footwear releases, and collaborations with all retailers, from streetwear to high fashion. The right candidates will have experience detecting counterfeits and know the indicators to confirm an item’s authenticity. While a multi-brand background is preferred, brand specialists will be considered.
UK Authentication Manager responsibilities:
- Capacity planning – Ensuring there are enough people present daily so that the productivity levels are not affected by holiday leave, sickness leave, etc.
- Daily productivity – Ensuring the volumes and pace are evenly spread throughout the team and people are working to their full potential, ensuring perfect quality control.
- Responsible for authentication of luxury shoes and jumping in if capacity is
- Ensuring authentication accuracy with an expectation of a 0% fail
- Lead a team of 12 (including 2 Trainers) on training, authentication standards and develop innovative ways to authenticate.
- Mapping each team member’s progress tailored to their specific areas of improvement, areas of excellence, goals, and productivity levels.
- Ensuring inclusivity and that each member feels they are supported and are learning at their own pace.
- Collaborate with all departments within eBay and ensure you lead your team according to the culture values and that communication flows frictionless throughout your team. Communication of any changes in expectations or processes implemented to the entire team.
- Identifying which concerns from team members need to be escalated to upper management and communicating these concerns effectively.
- Building an inclusive, cohesive and well-rounded team so team members can be seconded at any time to another market.
- Support ideation of performance evaluation methods by building database tools, implementing new tracking, and performing post analysis
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as well as deep dives, with a focus on improving performance evaluation
- Develops measures to manage performance data being collected to provide meaningful information to day-to-day managers