A contemporary gallery in London is looking for a freelance bookkeeper on a part-time basis. Previous commercial gallery experience is essential.
- Upload and review sales invoices on Xero for correct VAT treatment, ensuring any art sales are linked to the stock item being sold.
- Review and publish purchases invoices/supplier receipts in Receiptbank, ensuring that art purchases are recorded as stock items (invoices and receipts uploaded by Gallery Manager).
- Manually upload the bank and credit card statements for reconciliation.
- Reconcile all bank and credit card transactions.
- Liaise with HMRC in respect of any VAT matters as and when required.
- Reconcile the stock list per Xero against the stock per the warehouse stock system.
- Communicate with Accountants when the month is completed and send supporting documents so that they can prepare the management accounts.
- Deal with any queries from Accountants to assist with the completion of the management accounts.
- Prepare and submit monthly EC Sales list report (if required).
- Prepare and submit intrastate form (if required).
- Review and submit the VAT return.
- Provide Accountants with all necessary info to prepare the year end accounts (list of info needed would be sent at the year-end) and assist with any queries during the accounts or audit process.