Our client is a leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. The company connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting partners in growing their business online.
Due to growth in the business they are seeking a London-based Business Development Associate to work as part of the European Team, while coordinating with colleagues in New York, to sell products and services to the arts community. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a number of years experience in the art world, along with a network of established contacts in the gallery, auction house, collector, and dealer sectors.
The company are focused on growing a uniquely exciting base of clients within the international art market.
A good basic salary and commission scheme is available for the right candidate.
- Identifying and closing new business
- Meeting a monthly sales targets
- Prospecting the fine arts industry to understand client goals
- Selling products and services as solutions to achieve client goals
- Providing feedback from clients to the Product Development Team
- Educated to Degree level
- Proven track record in selling services within the art market – this could be marketing and advertising tools, software. PR, Art Fairs or Galleries
- Fine art or arts administration background preferred
- Excellent communication, networking, and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Eagerness to meet new business targets
- Enthusiasm for the art world