Seeking a Business Development & Communications Assistant to work alongside the founder of an Art Advisory. This person will sit within the London team and report to the founder, supporting an ambitious global programme of clients, exhibitions and special projects. She/he/they will assist the founder with a variety of curatorial tasks including drafting texts about artists, exhibitions and projects; creating presentations; supporting the founder in the planning and execution of exhibitions; researching artists and staying abreast of developments and innovations in the landscape of contemporary art; and maintaining up-to-date the website, as well as the client database on Mailchimp and Artlogic.
She/he/they will also be responsible for communication’s strategy and its execution through the companies Instagram account, Newsletter and Journal. She/he/they will be responsible to write three articles a month for the Journal and will be in charge of the creation and send out a monthly newsletter and other themed email marketing campaigns using InDesign and Mailchimp, ensuring a stable increase in the number of subscribers and followers. She/he/they will also be responsible for the production of marketing materials: exhibition maps, gifting and invitations.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with writing emails
- Take care of art-logic and database of clients on mail-chimp
- Help with drafting artists proposals for clients
- Newsletter: 1 newsletter per month advertising the journal, as well other newsletters advertising exhibition and greetings
- Instagram: post regularly
- Journal: 3 articles per month
- Design presentations, flyers, invitations and extensive catalogues for the shows, aswell as smaller catalogues on a daily basis
- Design exhibitions: title, exhibition rationale, texts, artists list, presentations and all the different assets that come as part of the graphic design
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / PR AND SALES
- Open opportunities for press leads and events, brand awareness, brand positioning, events, etc
- Bring in new clients to the business on commission structure
- BA in Art History, Curatorial Studies, or related field preferred
- 1-2 years professional experience in a similar role
- Outstanding writing skills, both academic and creative
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the global art world and a passion for arts and culture essential
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, and interpersonal skills that enable collaborative interaction with clients and external partners
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and superior inter personal skills
- Strong in InDesign and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Mailchimp and Artlogic
- Ability to travel internationally as required
Working Hours and Location:
Full time, permanent. Starting as soon as possible. 9.30 – 6 pm, five days a week (Monday – Friday). Flexibility essential as required.
Two/ three days a week in the London office.