Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Negotiable Plus Commission
Location: London UK
Our client is a leading on-line search service for art, antiques and collectibles, and is seeking a Business Development Manager. Founded in Europe they company have since established their business globally with offices in New York, UK, France, Spain and Germany. Clients include the world’s top tier of auctioneers, antique dealers, luxury brands, galleries as well as regional and local businesses.
Due to the growth of the business an experienced Business Developer is required to join the UK Sales team. Your responsibilities will include approaching the UK auction/antique and or luxury goods industry and being the ambassador for the brand. You will sell the companies portfolio of services.
What You’ll Do:
- Researching, approaching, and pitching services to auction houses, antique dealers, luxury brands and galleries.
- Manage the entire sales cycle from lead to engagement to closed deal
- Researching the UK. Auction, luxury and antique market for new revenue possibilities.
- A driven and positive personality with passion for creating business opportunities.
- Comfortable working with ambitious sales targets and expectations.
- Excellent written and telephone skills.
- Self-motivated who confidently and tirelessly seeks and closes deals.
- Passionate about finding new clients, while keeping current partners happy.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
- A keen interest in keeping up to date with the latest in current affairs in the culture/art industry.
- Background and experience from a similar sales position and/or the auction, luxury and antique industry is a plus
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive basic salary, generous commission
- Reasonably flexible working with some home working
- Opportunity for some travel