On behalf of a market leading auction house we are looking for a Jewellery Specialist for the role of Cataloguer and Valuer. This is a full time and permanent role that would ideally be suited to someone with prior experience. However, there may be scope to train someone who has an FGA or DGA qualification.
Responsibilities will include:
- To catalogue a wide range of Jewellery,
- Accurately identify gemstones and gemstone treatments
- Provide diamond grades where necessary and provide specialist insight on antique and designer items.
- Provide jewellery valuations for customers in both a walk-in and online capacity, with a view to consign items to the various sales.
- Ensure cataloguing is completed and proofed in line with set schedules.
- Produce accurate and concise condition reports.
- Work closely with the photography team to ensure that all of the lots are photographed by the deadline.
- Co-ordinate with an external printing company to produce a sale catalogue.
- Liaise with the marketing team, providing insight on marketable content within the sales.
- Assist with ticketing and the preparation of the view.
- Provide assistance to potential buyers, in person, by telephone or email with any questions and queries regarding the items in the sales. Providing images and videos where required.
- Assist with viewing and sale day, including telephone bidding.
- Help with the opening of parcels and sorting of consignments if necessary.
- Help with collections and sending out of goods after the sale.
Key Skills & Experience:
- FGA (essential); DGA (Preferable); educated to degree level preferable.
- Experience within a commercial jewellery department.
- Ability to multi task.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, can do attitude – be approachable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a small team.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.