Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South East UK
Our client is one of Europe’s largest specialist auctioneers of Classic & Collectors Cars, Motorcycles and Automobilia. As part of their ongoing strategy to achieve excellence in their field, they are looking to recruit a Classic Car Specialist to help bolster the existing team. The role is to cover the Essex and Kent area.
The successful applicant will be joining a highly experienced and friendly but competitive team. He / she will be expected to make a meaningful contribution to the company’s sales targets. The ideal candidate should be able to hit the ground running but ‘on the job’ training is made available to all members of the sales team. This is a key role within the business and salary will be commensurate with experience. With a focus on customer loyalty and retention, this role is a fantastic opportunity to help further the cause of a prestigious internationally recognised brand.
- Meet sales targets by consigning and selling a sufficient value of motorcars through both auction (inbound leads / self-generated leads) and private sales
- Continue to develop and consolidate your own network of contacts whilst keeping the Company’s database fully updated with regard to all such activity
- Assist at auctions with set-up / breakdown, condition reports and in the Provisional Bids office
- A genuine enthusiasm for classic and collector motorcars of all ages, types and values.
- Previous working experience either within the classic car or auction industries would be a major plus
- Strong commercial understanding with excellent sales capabilities
- Experience in developing, maintaining and managing client relationships
- The ability to accurately assess a vehicle’s condition and provenance
- Customer oriented with good team working and communication skills
- Reliable, flexible and open-minded
What is on offer?
- A strong brand with an excellent image in the industry
- Excellent company culture with focus on team work, open communication & feedback
- Local business with international working environment
- A competitive remuneration package (basic salary plus commission)
- Become an integral part of a company in an exciting growth phase
- Company pension scheme