An art handling and collections care organisation in San Francisco seeks a proactive and innovative person to strategize, develop and manage key client relationships, business development, and marketing outreach.
- Oversee key client relationships to assure overall satisfaction and to enable proactive accommodation of client needs.
- Bear principal responsibility for business development strategy, including identification of and outreach to new clients, and ongoing relationship maintenance.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of new services and offerings to facilitate company growth and greater client reach and satisfaction.
- Oversee Client Services Associate and contribute directly, or as necessary, in responding to client inquiries and filtering requests to appropriate departments through a streamlined workflow.
- Develop proposals and estimates for major clients and projects, following through to completion.
- Work with project management, registration, and operations departments as necessary to recommend proper scheduling and allocation of company resources, definition of service offerings, and resolution of resource and priority conflicts.
- Manage the on-line presence of the art services in conjunction with the web team and oversee all external communications to properly represent the company’s products and services, solicit inputs that facilitate client response and project set-up & management, and use online tools to extend and expand the company’s offerings.
- Network to build and maintain the company’s relationships with members of the Bay Area visual arts community, including galleries, artists, museums, and non-profits, and work with other members of the team to define and execute programs that make a positive contribution to the community.
- Generally represent the arts organisation in a positive, approachable, and collaborative way.
- Establish, train, and consult departments on client-facing protocols & standards and ensure they are upheld & observed under all circumstances, taking over or managing client interactions when warranted.
- At least 3-years experience in a client-facing role in the visual arts field.
- Understanding of the art-handling and collection care needs of demanding, high-end collectors, galleries, and institutions and appreciation for what high-quality client service entails.
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to productively and effectively manage a flexible schedule to account for responsibilities regularly falling outside of normal business hours.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and creatively problem-solve.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and a desire to meet and engage with a wide variety of people.
- Familiarity with office and on-line technology, tools, and platforms, including databases, spreadsheets, CRM systems, etc.