Contract Type: Full-time
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
Our client is on a mission to transform the art industry and is seeking a client liaison. With industry-leading products and first-class customer service the company aim to make the business of art more efficient, giving clients the time and the space to do the things they love.
Due to growth in the business we are looking for a motivated and driven individual who is eager to join the Client Liaison team as a website specialist and deliver amazing results for clients. Your primary responsibilities will be to support on boarding new website clients, assist with training and enquiries from our worldwide client base and help develop strong client engagement.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until an eventual transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in the London office.
Key areas of responsibility
- Initiating database and website account setup with the technical team.
- Providing training to new and existing clients (normally via screen sharing sessions) to help familiarise clients with the products.
- Preparing databases and website products (primarily template websites) to hand over to Databases are relatively formulaic to setup, though this is still a manual process and depending on the package purchased, training might be required after the client goes live.
- Acting as a dedicated account manager from CMS delivery until final website.
- Websites can be a more personalised and design-lead process than some other services and a through a continued dialogue you have the opportunity to help clients setup the most appealing and aesthetically engaging websites possible. Although it is not your job to design clients’ website, having a keen eye for design and quality control and being able to help clients get the most out of their websites is hugely important.
- Seeking to streamline existing processes, refine client-facing aspects of the product and save time where possible. This is facilitated by regularly feeding back to members of the website development team.
- Create help notes for the database and website CMS where questions are repeatedly asked by clients that could be resolved via help.
After due time:
- In due time you may be able to start managing Template Pro and Bespoke website projects, working closely with the sales team and designers on our website development
- You may become the dedicated point of contact for larger accounts
- You may help create video tutorials and lead webinars to help reach out to and support larger clients.
- Testing new features and supplying feedback to the development team.
- Support encompasses handling phone / email requests about all products. Developing your support skills will expand your knowledge of products and systems, introduce you to a large number of clients and flex your communication skills with clients and within the team.
- Support is managed via a team After training, you will be helping to manage support calls and support tickets as part of the regular team schedule.
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the business as required.
- Self-starter with an enthusiastic disposition.
- Someone that thrives on human interactions and has a desire to help find the best solution possible.
- Good analytical ability for problem solving and trouble.
- Deductive thinking and ingenuity to help test systems, locate / diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- Strong understanding of the commercial needs of galleries, artists & collectors.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful but is not required.
- Good industry knowledge of the art market, key artists, art galleries, sales platforms and art fairs would be Working knowledge of some web platforms (SquareSpace, Wix, Shopify) would be advantageous. Knowledge of one or more art gallery database systems and competitors would be useful.
- The desire and ability to concentrate on your work autonomously without close supervision and work without distracting.
- Strong desire to learn and to accept input from your fellow team, must also know when to ask for help or guidance.
- Must work well as part of a tight-knit team that relies on flexibility to adjust dynamically to the changing demands of the business.
Performance indicators would include:
- Ensuring that the business is able to take on a growing number of contented and well-orientated clients who are confident using our systems and who are self sufficient.
- Helping to build on the reputation for great service.
- Helping with the on boarding operation in the U.S. and U.K. to grow in efficiency so that we can hit sales targets and grow the business.
- Organisation and time management – being able to manage tasks which will have competing deadlines and various timelines, organise your thoughts, your to do list and yourself so you stay in control of your time, communicate effectively if there are any issues affecting deadlines or the progress of tasks and projects.
- Clear, friendly, economical communication style.
- Effectiveness – get tasks done rapidly without fuss, making sure that you feed back to your senior colleagues on the status of tasks and projects.
- Terrific eye for detail in testing our systems and analysis of any issues.
- Ability to juggle tasks, manage expectations, report back and prioritise effectively.
- Fast response to assistance requests from colleagues and clients, which includes answering the phone and helping in any way you can with the caller’s requests.
- Establishing effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.