Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Our client is seeking an experienced, personable and organised client services manager to join their busy and growing team. The successful candidate should have impeccable attention to detail and the ability to multi-task to lead the client services team to achieve their deadlines, aims and objectives in a busy and ever-changing environment.
This diverse role will encompass the management of all aspects of auction and office administration assisting in areas such as contracts, registrations, bids management, facilitating deposit taking and overseeing the smooth running of the front of house department.
Job Specifics & Objectives:
You will be managing a team of client services assistants who are responsible for all aspects of customer transactions when buying and selling. The successful candidate should have an experience and an aptitude for the financial, bidding and administrative aspects of the auction process.
The department objective is to ensure that we provide a high level of customer service to external clients, that we continuously seek to improve the client experience and provide a high level of support to the specialist departments.
People Management and Leadership
- To ensure effective communication between senior management and the team, keeping them up to date regarding any process or policy changes and other key information.
- Resource planning to ensure deadlines are met and that there is adequate cover for all key auctions and events
- To be an escalation point for the team when urgent or complex issues arise.
- Monitor team performance to ensure that deadlines and standards are being met.
- Be an advocate for the Client Services team, best practice and compliance. Drive right behaviours, development plans and leadership effectiveness.
- Identify any inefficiencies within processes and provide solutions.
- Perform performance reviews, manage holiday requests, sick leave and be the point of contact for HR queries from the client services team.
- Provide direct support to the Head of Accounts and Managing Director.
Lead all elements of the client transaction experience
- Oversee the performance of duties for all sales from the pre-sales checks through to settlement, ensuring that they are being managed in accordance with our policies and processes, including but not limited to:
- To work closely with our valuations and specialist departments to facilitate the management of our contractual agreements with clients
- Managing checking processes on all pre-sale requirements including VAT and ARR
- Ensuring deadlines are managed and followed up
- Management of the bids and registration processes for all auctions, including commission, telephone and online bidding
- Request ID/deposits as and when required as part of the bidder review process
- Assisting within the accounts department when required
- Develop and implement processes and procedures including new software and online platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Managing Key Relationships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with client services, accounts and specialist department.
- Manage the proactive communication of the position of a sale and other appropriate information with regards to the buyers and sellers to the Specialist departments and senior management
- Monitor, resolve or escalate where appropriate both internal and external enquiries and complaints regarding customer transactions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and significant experience working within an auction house in a client services, bids and/or administrative position.
- Previous management or supervisory experience managing a small team essential.
- Previous HR and financial experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing processes and procedures both on and offline.
- Focus on constantly reviewing and improving efficiencies and effectiveness of our systems and processes.
- Strong client management relationship skills.
- Very good skills using MS Outlook and Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Navision advantageous but not essential.
- You will be a natural problem solver and solutions focused.
- Naturally organised, self-motivated, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication in English.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful and time-sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Ability to identify potential risks and opportunities, and escalate them in a timely manner.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Occasional weekend work required in accordance with auction and viewing schedule