We are looking for a Collection Registrar to join the team at a Contemporary Gallery in London. The person in this role will be responsible for creating consignment agreements for artworks consigned to the gallery by artists, and the continued management of the artworks throughout the consignment period.
The Collection Registrar will sit within the Registrar department, but will report to the Head of Contracts.
The role will be based in London and will service agreements across all the gallery locations.
- Generate and manage consignment agreements for all artworks consigned to the gallery.
- Control all aspects of the administration related to consignment agreements, including liaising with the gallery’s artist management team to ensure that the consignment agreements are signed, and filed appropriately.
- Ensure all details are kept updated on the database throughout the consignment period.
- Schedule and conduct a yearly review of all consigned artworks and produce annual reports.
- Create artwork records using the gallery database system, ensuring that the artwork details are accurately recorded, including customs status and location.
- Provide cover when required for Head of Contracts.
- Work with Head of Global Registration on annual storage audits when required.
- Looking at best use of customs statuses/storage locations for artworks long term.
- Expert knowledge of database management systems.
- Previous experience in registration practices and working with a gallery or museum collection.
- Previous experience of drafting and amending agreements.
- Have highly organised working methods and an excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to work across a large team based in several countries.
- Excellent understanding of Apple Mac, Word, Excel.
- Good knowledge of the contemporary art market.
- Knowledge of import regulations.