Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Director for a contemporary gallery in London, to add value to the gallery’s growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities as well as managing existing efforts.
The goal is to promote and expand the gallery’s commercial activity, to generate revenue and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to the gallery’s goals and objectives with the aim of accelerating growth.
- Oversee the Sales Team by identifying new market opportunities, determining optimal pricing levels which balance profit with customer/client satisfaction.
- Conduct research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities such as expansion and business development.
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met. Ensure customer retention remains high and deliver new business growth
- Collaborate with and coordinate Sales, Exhibitions, Marketing teams. Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Resolves issues with contracts and commercial operations.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- An ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills. Relevant industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the market.
- Proven experience as commercial director or another relevant role.
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes. Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- BSc/BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.