Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £30-£35,000 p.a
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Conservation Manager to join the team at a world leading Art Restoration Studio based in London. The Conservation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the conservation departments including ceramics, painting, paper, decorative arts, metal and stone.
They will also be required to manage the preparation of estimates for complex projects and working alongside the Director of Furniture to assist in the preparation and submission of tender documents.
Clear writing style, attention to detail, the ability to understand complex treatments and a good understanding of possible project risks and associated mitigation strategies is important. The Conservation Manager also supports the work of Client Services and must have a strong focus on maintaining excellent internal and external communication.
- A degree in Conservation, Art, Art History or related discipline
- Proven experience working in a managerial or project operations position
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to positively influence a team
- Manage working under pressure