We are looking for an experienced, results-driven, team-oriented Customs and Documentation Manager to join a rapidly growing Fine Art Shipping Company, based in the UK.
The role involves being the go-to person regarding any documentation questions, booking freight, managing exports and imports, filling in the customs declarations, reviewing the invoices received and making sure that everything is in order. Anticipation and pro-activity are key elements in this role, and being able to multitask is really important.
Previous experience of working in a Fine Art Shipping company would be beneficial.
- Become the go-to person for any customs and documentation questions
- Apply for documentations with the relevant entities
- Handle shipments that require specific documentation
- Fill in export and import customs declarations on CHIEF
- Catalogue processes for the different types of documentation and train junior team members
- Book shipments with air cargo, sea freight and courier providers
- Follow-up with the relevant stakeholders to ensure a shipment is safely delivered and in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system, as well as smooth and timely customs process flows
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority
- Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct
- Contribute to maintaining strong relationships with customs officers
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods
- An excellent Knowledge of customs and documentation procedures in a fine art shipping context.
- You like sharing knowledge and training junior team members
- A strong interest in operations
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- Strong organisational skills and disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- Excellent analytical (excel) skills and you have a developed decision making mentality & sound business judgment
- You are comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- You have very strong attention to detail, you have the ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
- You know how to cultivate and nurture relationships with your colleagues
- Takes initiatives and solves problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills