Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
We are looking for an experienced Department Coordinator and Assistant Cataloguer to join a busy team in a growing London Auction House. The role provides full administrative support and coordination across all aspects of the sales cycle for the Head of Department, Heads of Sale and specialists in their consigning, cataloguing and selling of paintings and fine art.
This post holder will provide both an administrative / supporting function as well as a driving function. The ideal candidate will have a background in the art business or a related field, first class project management, communication and team-working skills, and be fully IT literate. An academic background in art history is an advantage.
- Experience in the field, either at auction, within the trade or at another relevant institution
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including first class spoken English
- Ability to work to tight auction deadlines
- Experience working with on projects of all sizes, long- and short-term; demonstrated ability to prioritise a variety of concurrent projects
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook etc)
- Superior client service skills
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced team environment
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, an enquiring mind, and a willingness to actively seek out new responsibilities and opportunities