An established arts communications agency are looking for a talented Digital Account Director, with experience managing a range of multiple clients with varying budgets and writing digital proposals. The successful candidate will hold a broad knowledge of digital marketing channels and best practice, including website copywriting, editorial commissioning and editing for web content, SEO, social media management (with a primary focus on Instagram, film editing), social media advertising, Google (PPC) advertising, analytics and reporting, CRM and email marketing. They should also understand key principles of e-commerce and how website content supports sales and have experience working with freelancers and external suppliers – ideally with their own trusted network.
Lastly, design skills for social media posts, and basic film editing skills for social and web content are desirable. Strong understanding of the art world, those audiences and their behaviours, that traverses both the agency’s client base and reaches beyond.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for managing an assigned group of digital scopes of work for clients and acting as their digital account director, working in close collaboration with the agency’s Senior Director, Group Creative Director, Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Executive
- Identifying new business opportunities, feeding into discussions, drafting pitches and proposals as required across the business
- Developing and implementing imaginative and engaging content strategies which are tailored to support the objectives of a wide variety of clients, with differing audiences, objectives, and budgets
- Writing and editing social media and web copy for a variety of channels, which might include website, social media, and email. Copy for web should be optimised for maximum visibility on search
- Acting as an advocate for digital content both externally and internally
- Where required, collaborating with the Creative Director and Directors to assess the role digital content plays in a client’s overarching brand, putting forward strategic recommendations as required
- Working in a data-focused manner, delivering reports to clients outlining the impact of content, and setting KPIs at the beginning of projects as required
- Recognising when external expertise or services are required, and managing the briefing/commissioning process, including invoicing, supported as needed
- When necessary, supporting on film production as well as creating film treatments and storyboards.
- High level proof-reading skills for editorial and social media, web copy developed by staff members
- Line managing junior team members and supporting with their hire, onboarding process and development
- Several years’ experience in a digital marketing role, either in-house or within an agency within the cultural sector
- Experience of engaging art world audiences
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading
- Ability to adapt tone of voice and style to different clients, a nimble approach to multichannel communications
- Familiarity with SEO, with an understanding of tools such as Google Keywords
- Ability to use Google Analytics or similar to assess the performance of content
- An understanding of paid social media advertising and search, and able to implement campaigns or be willing to learn how to do so, as required
- Experience of commissioning content, film or technical work
- Technical skills, e.g. design, video editing, coding are a bonus