An arts communications agency in London is seeking a talented Digital Content Strategist to join their team. The successful candidate will have several years’ experience, be confident at recognising and responding to the needs of a wide range of clients, with varying budgets.
Applicants need to have a broad knowledge of digital marketing channels and best practice, including website copywriting, SEO, social media management (with a primary focus on Instagram), social media advertising, Google (PPC) advertising, analytics and reporting, CRM and email marketing. They should also understand key principles of e-commerce and how website content supports sales and have experience working with freelancers and external suppliers. Lastly, design skills for social media posts, and basic film editing skills for social and web content would be desirable. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the art world and those audiences.
Areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for managing an assigned group of digital briefs for clients and acting as their senior contact, working in close collaboration with the Group Creative Director and Digital Marketing Managers
- Feeding into new business discussions, pitches and proposals as required, and acting as an advocate for digital content both externally and internally
- Developing imaginative and engaging content strategies which are tailored to support the objectives of a wide variety of clients, with differing audiences, objectives, and budgets
- Developing clients’ tone of voice and style to support the creation of a unique identity
- Where required, collaborating with the Creative Director and Directors to assess the role digital content plays in a client’s overarching brand, putting forward strategic recommendations as required
- Supporting on pitch creation and proposal writing across the business
- Working in a data-focused manner, delivering reports to clients outlining the impact of content, and setting KPIs at the beginning of projects as required
- Recognising when external expertise or services are required, and managing the briefing/commissioning process, including invoicing, supported as needed
- When necessary, creating film treatments and storyboards.
- Proof-reading social media and web copy developed by staff members, and providing guidance on copywriting best practice and editing and training as needed
- Writing and editing social media and web copy for a variety of channels, which might include website, social media, and email. Copy for web should be optimised for maximum visibility on search
- Several years’ experience in a digital content strategy role, either in-house or within an agency within the cultural sector
- Experience of engaging art world audiences
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading
- Ability to adapt tone of voice and style to different clients, a nimble approach to multichannel communications
- Familiarity with SEO, with an understanding of tools such as Google Keywords
- Ability to use Google Analytics or similar to assess the performance of content
- An understanding of paid social media advertising and search, and able to implement campaigns or be willing to learn how to do so, as required
- Experience of commissioning content, film or technical work
- Technical skills, e.g. design, video editing, coding are a bonus