A creative agency that partners with cultural organisations and public bodies to deliver public art projects is looking for a Director to run their new Paris office.
Key responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the agency’s CEO, CCO, CSO and COO, formulate and implement a clear strategic vision and direction for the French office.
- Position the agency as the first Visual art agency in France and raise awareness for the company by building on an existing network in different sectors of the art and industries.
- Promote, develop and implement the agency’s existing vision of influencing and promoting the social, economical, and emotional value of integrating art in private, public and commercial contexts in France via diverse communication platforms: public speaking events, press articles online and offline, etc.
- With the support of the COO and CSO, build and manage a strong diverse team in Paris, provide excellent leadership, guidance, nurturing, and maintain a positive culture to meet the core values of the Agency. In collaboration with the CSO and COO, build a strong, positive, diverse and collaborative team in Paris.
- Create strong relationships with clients and develop sales strategies while activating sales to French and European collectors
- Source opportunities for the agency’s Artists and for their projects with French institutions, businesses, public art commissioners, persons of influence and art collectors.
- Drive the agency’s public art vision by sourcing opportunities with existing and potential stakeholders.
- Nurture the agency’s Artists and attract new Artists working in France and Europe to the Agency.
- Develop PR and Marketing strategies and opportunities fort the agency and its Artists.
- Work collaboratively with the London and international teams to lead and redirect projects as appropriate.
- Ensure individual and team agreed quarterly and yearly KPIs are met.
- High level Managerial and Leadership excellence
- Proven sales track record and commercially driven
- Deeply connected to the French art market
- Entrepreneurial and influential, and has a public presence in France
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Strong working knowledge of the French creative partnerships and brand collaborations
- Passionate by art, innovative, and curatorially minded
- Strong networking abilities and very sociable
- Demonstrable track record of delivering outstanding projects
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with French Media
- Promotes positive culture, manages conflicts quickly and efficiently
- Strong commitment to sustainability initiatives
- Fluently bilingual (French and English) and at ease with languages