An established contemporary gallery in London is looking for a Director, Head of Sales to join their team.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing the Gallery’s sales strategy in the primary and secondary markets in collaboration with the gallery owner. Constantly seeking ways to enhance sales and profitability.
- As part of the senior management team, contributing to the Gallery’s artistic and creative direction in close collaboration with the Head of Programme.
- Bringing new client relationships to the Gallery and maintaining established relationships in collaboration with Directors.
- Driving sales for Gallery artists on the primary market.
- Bringing in consignments of work for sale on the secondary market and driving secondary market sales.
- Leading the team of Sales Directors, Associate Directors and Sales Associates; providing guidance, monitoring their performance and advising the gallery owner and the Gallery Manager on team member’s performance and potential.
- Mentoring the junior sales team and ensuring they are effective in maintaining accurate and up to date records in relation to artwork status.
- Leading and chairing bi-weekly sales meetings with focus on the primary and secondary markets. Directing Sales Associates and Assistants to prepare agendas and minutes in a timely fashion.
- Overseeing the management of primary and secondary market consignments with Registrar and Sales Assistants.
- Representing the Gallery at all art fairs (currently Art Basel, Hong Kong, Art Basel, Basel, FIAC, Paris, Frieze Masters, London and Art Basel, Miami).
- Identifying, reporting and maximising on business opportunities in target markets.
- Attending high profile networking events, entertaining clients outside of usual Gallery hours and travelling where necessary to enhance client development.
- Being a figurehead for the Gallery and striving to enhance and build upon the Gallery’s reputation at all times.