Our client, an online platform for art is seeking a talented, hands-on and experienced Director of Human Resources who will manage the implementation of the HR strategy in partnership with the Senior Management Team. This position requires an experienced, highly effective HR professional with a career of increasing responsibilities in enhancing the Human Resources function’s effectiveness within an entrepreneurial, performance based, growth oriented organisation.
In addition to excellence in HR administration, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for highly effective recruiting and retention, performance management, employee communication and engagement, and consistent application of HR policies and practices in support of the company’s organisational success and building a stimulating, diverse team-based work environment.
This is a hybrid role with 1 day a week expected in their NYC office.
- Oversee all HR functions, including compensation, benefits, payroll and employee engagement programs
- Manage organisation-wide employee focused processes related to the life cycle of company’s staff including recruiting and orientation, retention and engagement, performance management, feedback and annual reviews, promotions, and benefits administration
- Plan and implement Human Resources initiatives in support of company’s organisational culture, to deliver objectives, and to attract and retain staff
- In partnership with management, develop the capabilities of the staff through training and education and identification of assignments which bring out the best in people
- Manage the recruiting process within the context of the company’s broader hiring process and values, as well as the on-boarding process
- Foster a high performing and inclusive team, increasing diversity initiatives
- Manage organization-wide communications
- Coordinate the annual salary review process
- Lead the roll-out of the annual benefit renewal process
- Lead initiatives aimed at strengthening staff community and culture
- Develop and track key HR metrics
- Several years of experience as a Human Resources leader in growth organisations with increasing scope of responsibility in entrepreneurial organisations
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in Human Resources preferred
- Previous managerial experience
- A proven track record in excellence in Human Resources’ administration, recruiting and talent management, payroll administration, performance management, employee relations and communications, and compensation and benefits
- Results oriented mindset with the ability to be flexible in order to find the right balance between operational pressures, annual objectives and various internal and external pressures
- Effective in finding a balance between listening, coaching, proposing, directing and deciding
- Metrics and data driven
- Highly accountable
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Interest in the art market a plus