Our client is a boutique auction house that operates a small but highly effective team; it is the leading company for its market sector in the UK and the third largest in the sector globally. Due to growth in the company they are looking for a Dispatch Administrator to join the team. This is an excellent entry level role that would suit someone with some prior work experience in an auction house, gallery or dealership. The potential employee should possess good interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a small company environment. Attention to detail is essential, as are high standards of literacy and numeracy. As the company’s primary operations relate to the sale of ancient or antique artefacts, the candidate may ideally have a pre-existing interest in history, or a willingness to develop their knowledge in this field.
The company is looking for an individual to join their growing team who will contribute significantly to the client order fulfilment process.
The company views the following as desirable (although not necessarily essential):
- Experience in customer service/client-facing roles
- Experience using FedEx, DHL or similar courier services; familiarity with common processes and procedures
- Experience as a porter or similar role at an auction house or other client-service organisation
- Any other skills or experience directly applicable to operations of an auction company will also be considered
The potential employee will be responsible for the administration and shipping of client purchases. This will include handling objects with care and precision; preparing paperwork for both international and domestic shipments sent out via FedEx, DHL and Royal Mail; physically preparing and packing premium client presentation boxes to optimise appearance; working closely with the client manager and fellow dispatch administrator to ensure all clients’ specific requirements are met; liaising directly with couriers; dealing with clients’ shipping related enquiries; contributing to and facilitating a positive and enjoyable client experience; general office administration including data entry and management, assisting with the preparation and management of company and client accounts. The role may appeal to efficient individuals with a keen sense of presentational flare and/or perfectionism.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The basic salary for an entry-level employee is £22,500 plus discretionary bonus of up to £3,000 in the first year.
- Salary and bonus level are reviewed annually and follow a structure than enables growth in salary and responsibilities.
- 28 days paid holiday per annum (incl. statutory 8 bank holidays), increasing according to accrued employment term to a maximum of 40 days.
- Additional non-contractual benefits linked to company performance and accrued employment term will apply, including but not limited to:
– Eligibility for company stock options
– Eligibility for company-paid staff education/training and development exercises
– Company sponsorship for charitable fund-raising exercises up to value of £500/annum
– Private medical insurance provided by BUPA.
– Salary credit to nullify PMI tax liability.
– Company subsidised travel allowance
– Discretionary year-end Holiday Season bonus
– 4 week paid sabbatical for every 5 years’ employment.