Our client is looking for a well organised Executive Assistant to join it’s team in central London. The role holder will directly support the Chief Operating and Financial Officer in their duties. You will play a key role in the running of their busy office, providing administrative support to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer anticipating their needs on a daily basis. You will also provide effective and proactive support to meetings of various Committees and assist with a variety of special projects some of which may have large organisational impact.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the day to day activities of the Chief Operating and Financial Officer including:
– Act as the primary point of initial contact, using own initiative on matters relating to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer and understand the strategy and objectives of the organisation in order to deal with enquiries in the Chief Operating and Financial
Officer’s absence and escalating matters where necessary.
– Manage and maintain diaries, arranging internal and external appointments including travel, resolving conflicts in schedules and responding quickly to short notice schedule changes and diplomatically communicating these changes to those affected.
– Draft emails, letters and other correspondence on behalf of the Chief Operating and Financial Officer including PowerPoint presentations, reports and spreadsheets.
– Manage Microsoft Outlook inboxes on behalf of the Chief Operating and Financial Officer prioritising and highlighting incoming correspondence and maintain a strong and accurate filing system (both electronically and hard copies).
– Prepare for meetings by liaising with other departments and colleagues to ensure the timely gathering of information, preparation and dissemination of papers in advance ensuring the Chief Operating and Financial Officer is prepared and briefed before all meetings.
– Attend internal and external meetings, ensure they are serviced appropriately, take minutes, record actions and circulate to attendees and other appropriate persons.
- Assist the Chief Operating and Financial Officer in planning, coordinating and prioritising their time accordingly to ensure deadlines and priorities are met.
- Anticipate and prepare for the needs of the Chief Operating and Financial Officer proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support in addressing these issues.
- Develop good and effective working relationships across both galleries and with other relevant key stakeholders working collaboratively at all times.
Board of Trustees
- Provide support to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer to prepare for the quarterly Board of Trustees and Finance Sub Committee meetings, fortnightly Operating Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting
– Provide confidential and administrative support for all meetings through coordinating diaries and the collation and preparation of agendas, room arrangements, and meeting materials in a timely and accurate manner for distribution to appropriate persons.
– Liaise with all Board members and their offices to ensure meetings run smoothly.
– Attend all Board, Finance Sub Committee and Operating Committee meetings and take minutes, record actions, distribute final copies and ensure information is maintained and filed accordingly.
– Follow up on action points with the Chief Operating and Financial Officer and Trustees to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain up to date lists of the Trustees and Committee members ensuring information can be accessed by relevant internal parties.
- Assist with production of presentations for the Board and follow up with relevant departments to obtain necessary information.
- Obtain Declaration of Interest statements from all Trustees on a yearly basis to ensure compliance with audit regulations.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Report and Business Plan by reviewing submissions, matching outlined requirements, chasing amendments and information before submitting to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer in line with agreed deadlines.
- Research, prioritise, and follow up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature determining appropriate course of confidential nature determining appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Assist with or manage a variety of special projects for the Chief Operating and Financial Officer some of which may have organisational impact.
- Actively support and demonstrate the gallery’s Actively support and demonstrate the gallery’s commitment to becoming an organisation that embraces commitment to becoming an organisation that embraces equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Adhere to and actively contribute to all Serpentine policies, including Dignity at Work and Health & Safety policies.
- Any other activities relevant to your role and are necessary for the smooth operation of the Operations team and its strategic objectives.
You will have..
- Extensive experience working in an administrative support role in a busy organisation with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of servicing Board and management meetings.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritising own workload, with the ability to forward plan and work as part of an established team.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and develop structured and efficient approaches to deliver work on time and to a high standard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as extensive experience creating effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information and able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy to deal with matters of a confidential nature.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a rapidly changing environment when situations change, workload increases or priorities shift.
- Ability to deal confidently and positively with all levels of staff and external stakeholders, both verbally and in writing, and build rapport, adapt style and work effectively with a diverse range of people.
- An outgoing, resilient, “can do” attitude and common sense, flexible approach.
- Meticulous eye for detail / good proof reader / immaculate presentation of work.
- A good level of competency with a range of IT systems and tools.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of the Executive Assistant to Chief Operating and Financial Officer and does not form part of the contract of employment. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and does not preclude change or development which may be required in the future.