An internationally renowned artist is looking for an Editions Manager to join their team.
- Manage all sales of prints, editions and unique works on paper
- Fulfil trade orders, maintaining existing relationships and working on building new trade outlets
- Manage all sales through email correspondence, over the phone and in person at art fairs or special events
- Ensure production invoices are raised updated on the database so an accurate financial breakdown is accessible
- Submit change of ownership information and overseeing authentication measures
- Oversee packing and dispatch of sold works.
Production Management / Creative Assistant:
- Oversee and assist the artist in the whole creative process of fabricating artwork
- Manage marketing of editions to maximise sales
- Soundboard ideas with the artist and suggest production methods
- Brief fabricators and printmakers, liaise with them and the artist during the production process
- Quality and condition checking of all artworks
- Manage project budgets
- Oversee the signing, editioning and authentication tagging artwork by the artist
- Keep accurate records of all artwork information, client and sales on the database
- Ensure stock on the database is accurate in terms of sales status, condition, stock numbers and location
- Manage project budgets.
Website and Mailing List:
- Responsible for updating the editions website; adding new items and writing product descriptions
- Online stock management
- Manage all orders placed online
- Manage MailChimp including lists, design and sending out shop mailer.
Packing and Logistics:
- Specialist handling and packing of fine art prints and 3D works
- Liaise with logistics and courier companies on shipping quotes, following through to overseeing process until delivery
- Book courier services including filling in appropriate shipping paperwork and customs declaration forms.
- Responsible for suitable, archival storage of prints, editions and works on paper
- Maintain a balanced stock levels to efficiently run retail business
- Ensure suitable packing materials are available
- Answer the studio phone and deal with demands in the most appropriate manner
- Delegate work to studio assistants
- Ad-hoc requests from the artist and/or director as required
- Assist with charity donations
- Report on works coming up in auction and on auction results.
Art Fair Responsibilities:
- Draft proposals for art fairs and submitting applications on time
- Artwork selection; liaising with other artists (if applicable)
- Booth layout and design
- Oversee logistics to and from the fair (for all artists)
- Manage budget for art fairs
- Installation and curation of the booth
- Oversee sales at the fair including processing of invoices
- Update CRM database accordingly.