A leading contemporary gallery are looking for an Editorial Content Manager and Curatorial Assistant for their London team.
- Alongside the artist liaisons, head of communications and press and digital colleagues, work with artists, artist studios and artist liaisons to write content that can be used across all communications materials: for content sheets, previews, social media, online exhibitions in the London gallery.
- Writing and maintaining updates to existing artist biographies (website’s artist page/CVs).
- Overseeing, researching and writing preview documents for exhibitions and art fairs, sales dossiers.
- Writing and adapting content for online exhibitions and working closely with Head of Digital in London to marry text with images for a curated online presentation (also for the art fair online presentations overseen by the London gallery).
- Assist on the curatorial and research side of exhibitions with tasks such as exhibition listings, picture research, historical referencing.
- Working with the directors/artist liaisons on art fair applications.
- Writing content for wall vinyls and gallery handouts.
- Proofreading all written content for London gallery.
- Overseeing all written content relating to the London gallery for the website and digital communications.
- Overseeing the content of digital newsletters and invites, writing or adapting written text – and all digital mailings for the London gallery.
- Collaborating on videos – liaising with the responsible director, Q&As for the artist, interviewing the artist, shaping the content in order to direct the video editor, reviewing edits and providing detailed feedback together with the artist liaison and working with the Head of Digital for London on production brief, scheduling and sign off.
- Art historical background, ideally with a profound knowledge of contemporary art.
- 2-4 years of experience in a commercial contemporary art gallery or a contemporary art institution.
- Writing skills that encompass academic (e.g. dossiers for artwork offers)
- Excellent language, writing and editing skills in English.
- Ability to write accessible texts for other gallery purposes ranging from press releases to wall text to newsletter and website entries.
- Eye for detail and strong proofreading skills.